A roundup of some recent updates 11/03/12 - Jaguar
I realized that some people don't log into the game, but do still check the forums, so for those people... if you're curious what's happening with Necromium lately, here are some updates!
* Alliances between Noble Houses are limited to pairs - no more 3- or 4-house "super-alliances"
* House Arturon ( House 8 ) is no longer in the game
* Andalusian Mines got a revamp
* The Monastery of Devenon got a revamp
* Lord Felis' Jungle Kingdom got a revamp
* New zone: The Ruins of Rl'yeh
* "Newbie" EQ (Varanno, Maudslay, etc.) made !33 - including existing items in the game
* Varnia, Volcano, and Iridium Castle received some updates
* Crimdrac's Castle, Xanhador, and Hulion Village received some updates
* Dungeons of Numkrad updated to have EQ for all classes
* New zone: Temple of the Black Rose
* Necromium City now has a CP Shop, to purchase special items
Changes 10/06/12 - Jaguar
While changes can come in fits and spurts here on Necromium, we've tried to keep the flow up in the last couple of years. A feature that not many people are aware of is that the in-game CHANGES list is available here on the web... and it goes much further back than the 19 changes shown in-game. You can find it on the left sidebar under "Recent Changes", or just click: Recent Changes.
Also, while we haven't publicized it much, there is a web-playable version of Necromium - no zMud or other client needed! It can also be found to the left under "Play Now", or by clicking Play Now!
Finally, Necromium does have a SMALL social presence, existing on Facebook at facebook.com/Necromium
Hope you stop on by again!
'c resurrect Necromium' 04/09/11 - Jaguar
Hey there party people,
Remember Necromium? That game that so many of you used to play? Well, if you're anything like a good-sized handful of other such players, now may be a good time to come and check it out again!
I'm terrible about updating this front page, but that by no means should be taken to mean that the game has been stagnant! To the contrary, since our last front-page post, hundreds of code changes, tweaks, new features, updates, fixes, and more have gone in on a steady basis. Much has changed in our fair world, and most of it designed to improve the fun and usability and ease of enjoyment of the game. More EQ running, easier leveling, fewer punitive penalties, more tweaks, less "oldstat can't be beat", and more!
So come by and check us out, and if you're a new player, come see what you've been missing!
( PS: For a more thorough list of changes, take a peek at http://www.necromium.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7468 )
Code changes... oh my! 11/12/09 - Jaguar
Hey look... fresh code!
I've finally got all the kinks worked out, and new code can be written again, and as a result, we've had a chunk of new changes already, just on day one of this brave new world...
- Fixed some bugs with items that gave you heighten senses (didn't work at all)... now they should
- Fixed some bugs with being able to mute mobs by kicking them (right in the face!)
- Added a CP Bank! For all the avatars who had been capped at 100k CPs, they can now go and gain up to 10k more CPs in a sort of piggy-bank, that they can't use for themselves, but can trade with other players (for gear, gold, etc.) or send to IMMs in exchange for certain prizes and special items!
- Brought the sea serpent back in the game... let's see if she crashes us again!
- Separated "clanwhere" and "shipwhere" -- less clutter, yay!
- Made it so that backstab can now, in some cases, attempt three stabs, not just ALWAYS a max of two
- Added item seller's name to the Trade Ring, on item detail pages
- Moved the Goblin Caves (hobs!) back to the Necromium continent... harkening back to 1997! How it oughta be, back in its rightful home...
More to come, hopefully! Stay tuned, and keep logging in!
Necromium Wiki 12/01/07 - Flood
http://www.necrowiki.com or http://www.necromiumwiki.com will now take you to the new Necromium Wiki.
We hope that this will gradually become a source of information for players both new and old. Right now the page is setup with some basic ideas for what could go on there, but of course with a wiki any player with a great idea can edit it to add something new.
You guys can write guide for new players, make a wiki page for your noble house and clans, list off what you like and dislike about a specific path, make a clickable map of a continent (click the location of yeranda and go to a page telling about the zone?), etc. We can probably add links to the necromium.com help files, since those already exist online, which would help the wiki be a new primary source of all interesting necro information.
Anyone can view wiki pages, but in order to make edits you must be approved by me. The process for this is very simple, and is really only intended to prevent possible future spam:
-Make an account with the name of your in-game mortal
-Log into the game with that player and send me a mudmail telling me that you made a wiki account
-I will approve you and you can start making edits